Emily Deutscher Hobin is a seasoned nonprofit professional who hopes to increase awareness and support for The 24.
1. What is your favorite book? To Kill a Mockingbird, every time I reread it, I see it from a different perspective.
2. What's your favorite movie? The Little Foxes, I love movies from the Golden Age of Hollywood, and this is one of Bette Davis’ best performances.
3. Who would you most like to swap places with for a day? A bird. I would love to know what it is like to fly.
4. If you could visit anywhere in the world you've never been, where would you go? Greece, I love Greek Mythology and I hope the scenery is as beautiful in real life as it is in photographs.
5. What is your secret talent? Calligraphy, I have always loved lettering styles and playing around with different fonts.
6. What is your favorite family tradition? I grew up with my parents’ hosting a Christmas Eve party for family and friends. We carried on the tradition when we had our own family.
7. What was your first job? Cashier at Charcoal Broiler Steakhouse in Snider Plaza.
8. If you could pick up a new skill in an instant, what would it be? Playing a musical instrument, piano or guitar.
9. Who is someone you admire? My grandfather. He was smart, clever, kind, honest and had the greatest sense of humor. My oldest son is his name sake!
10. What is the best advice you've ever heard? Live Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the Rest to God.