As 2018 comes to a close, we would like to thank you for your generous financial support of Dallas 24 Hour Club. We opened our new doors on February 28, 2018 and have already served over 470 homeless men and women suffering with substance abuse problems and mental health issues. We are grateful for the opportunity to welcome them off the street and to propel them into a life of sobriety and positive contributions to society.
Some key statistics for this inaugural year in our new facility include:
- 7 out of every 10 new residents came in with no funds and afterwardswere cordially welcomed into The 24.
- Within 7-14 days, our residents have secured jobs and are paying their Guest Fees - both of which contribute to their stability, accountability and productivity.
- 63% of individuals who stay in the program 90 or more days successfully discharge with self-supporting employment, a strong foundation in sobriety, and a safe place to transition.
- 69% of female intakes are mothers who have been absent, and a large number of them have reestablished a healthy relationship with their children.
- We host thirty six 12-Step Recovery meetings per week that are open to the public which helps out our residents and others in the community stay sober.
- Our on-site restaurant, The Hubcap Cafe, is staffed by resident cooks who are in our Kitchen Training Program. We furnish 2700 free meals per month to our Phase 1 residents. Reasonably priced, quality meals are served to our Phase II residents, as well as the public, 365 days a year from 6am to 10pm.
Thank you for the opportunity to help solve some of the metroplex's homelessness issues that directly or indirectly affect all of us!